Trees in the park to come down
The County of Prince Edward will remove two Norway maple trees located in Wellington Park and grind the stumps below grade on Wednesday, November 8.
- County Arborists, the tree removal contractor, will be working between the hours of 8:30 am and 5 pm, on Nov. 8.
- The trees are located adjacent to the Wellington Park Centennial Wall, within the area of the park that is currently fenced-off.
- An arborist recommended removal because the trees are unhealthy and the deteriorating structural conditions pose a risk to the public; furthermore, the trees are negatively affecting the retaining wall that is under repair.
- Access to Wellington Park will not be impacted during the tree removal as the contractor will work within the fenced-off area of the park. Noise levels will be elevated for the duration of the tree removal.
- For more information, contact the County of Prince Edward’s Customer Service Desk during regular office hours at 613.476.2148 ext. 1023.